WLB (Work Life Balance) & European dimension
This module aims at defining some of the topics regarding the European Union legislation in support of work-life balance.
The main points are (max 7):
1. European Pillar of Social Rights: the Work-Life Balance Initiative.
2. The Communication: An initiative to support work-life balance for working parents and carers.
3. The legal measures: introduction of paternity leave, carers' leave, flexible working arrangements.
4. Policy measures: protection against discrimination and dismissal, gender-balanced use of family-related leaves and flexible working arrangements, European funds, economic incentives.
5. Public entities and stakeholders involved in promoting these policies at National level.
6. State-of-the-art of these policies in National contexts: success story or not?
7. Focus on personal situations of women involved in the course: practical instruments for knowing their rights and applying in their real life.
You Will Learn...
- Learn what are European Pillar of social rights and Work-Life Balance Initiative.
- Learn what has been done to support WLB Initiative.
- Learn what kind of legal measures are in Directive 2019/1158.
- Learn what kind of policy measures are in Directive 2019/1158.
- Learn how the policies were promoted.
- See some case studies.
- Know some advice for their rights.
//Units within the Module//
//Now let’s find out what you have learned in this module//
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.